Universal Beijing Resort and Universal Studios Beijing Rules and Regulations
Welcome to Universal Beijing Resort ("Resort"). The Rules and Regulations apply to Universal CityWalk Beijing ("CityWalk"), Universal Beijing Resort Waterway (the "Waterway"), and Universal Studios Beijing (Park) within Universal Beijing Resort. Please abide by the following regulations:
Security Inspection Process:
- According to relevant laws and regulations and the guiding opinions of government departments, all guests and their bags, backpacks and other belongings shall be subject to security inspections before they enter Universal Beijing Resort. We reserve the right not to allow any bag, parcel or other items to be brought into the Resort, and to deal with any unattended object in such a way as deemed appropriate, for safety reasons.
- Metal detectors and X-ray machines will be used for security checks.
- The following items are prohibited from entering the Resort:
- Glass products (e.g. cups, bowls, etc.), except for medical, infant, or special dietary needs)
- Wagons, carts, other wheeled carriers, and electrically powered mobility devices, except that we will allow manual wheelchairs, electrically powered mobility devices for guests with disabilities, and strollers used for children aged 7 or under on the visiting day, which must be accompanied by child.
- Bicycles or recreation devices with wheels, such as inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, skateboards, scooters
- Stools, folding chairs
- Weapons, knives, scissors, explosive items, dangerous chemicals, flammable articles (e.g. hairspray) and balloons
- Animals other than trained guide dogs who assist persons with disabilities (guide dogs must remain on a leash or in a harness). Please note that guide dogs may not be permitted to ride certain attractions
- Bags / containers more than 56cm x 36cm x 23cm
- Toy guns, blasters, slingshot, arch or crossbow etc.
- Fishing gear, kites, remote-controlled devices or other remote-controlled recreational items (e.g. drones)
- Cameras, photographic lighting equipment, video cameras, tripods, and other related items that may impede the safety and operation of the Resort
- Handheld camera or cell phone extension poles (such as selfie sticks)
- Excessive amount of Resort official merchandise, or merchandise that may mislead guests into thinking as Resort related merchandise (e.g., robes, wands, accessories, etc.), or merchantable goods (e.g., ponchos, refreshments, etc.) unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
Note: Excessive amount refers to quantities exceeding personal use
- Other Items that may be harmful or disruptive
Universal Beijing Resort offers a variety of fresh and delicious food options for our guests to enjoy at restaurants and concession stands throughout the Resort. However, we understand and respect that guests may need to bring some outside food and drinks for self-consumption. To ensure a safe and pleasant experience for all guests, please note that for safety and to avoid impacts on other guests, the following food and drinks will not be allowed into the Resort (except for medical, infant, or special dietary needs):
- Food and drinks exceed self-consumption portion
- Alcoholic beverages (e.g. beer, spirits, etc.)
- Foods that need to be heated or processed (e.g. instant noodles, cold food, instant hotpot, etc., which need to be processed by adding hot water, microwave heating, or self-heating)
- Food and drinks with pungent odors (e.g. durian, etc.)
- Guests shall not leave personal belongings unattended at any time and, shall be responsible for the safety and security of their own personal belongings.
- Please supervise your children at all times. Guests under 16 must be accompanied by a guest aged 16 or older.
- We may refuse or expel any person whose conduct is objectionable or for safety reasons.
- Guests must have valid tickets for entry into Universal Studios Beijing and are requested to provide physical valid government ID cards for age and identification verification*. Such ID cards include:
- For residents of Mainland China: Resident ID
- For residents of Hong Kong, China and Macao, China: Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents or Mainland Residence Permit for Hong Kong and Macau Residents
- For residents of Taiwan, China: Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents or Mainland Residence Permit for Taiwan Residents
- For foreign citizens: Passport or Foreign Permanent Resident ID Card
- Guest shall make a reservation for desired visitation date and timeslot in advance for each Park admission through Official Mobile Applications designated by Universal Beijing Resort (such as Universal Beijing Resort Official App, Alibaba Mini Program, or WeChat Mini Program), and enter the Park in the reserved timeslot. Valid Park admission and reservation record together constitute an effective admission media, both are indispensable.
- Park admission tickets are non-transferable, void if altered, non-refundable on the day of visit or after usage or expiration, must be used by the same person during its period of validity, and are subject to terms and conditions of the admissions tickets. Please refer to the details on the ticket purchase page for specific policies for different ticket products.
- Please plan your schedule based on the waiting time and opening hours of the attractions. A guest may not be able to experience all attractions in one day during the operating hours of the Park. Guests' access to attractions is determined by specific safety regulations (e.g., height restrictions or physical health conditions).
- Please respect fellow guests when waiting in lines. All members of the same party must wait in line together.
- Only boats operated by the Resort are permitted in the Universal Beijing Resort Waterway.
- All guests must stay on designated walkways and pathways.
- Guests must adhere to all directions given by Team Members of the Resort.
To provide a safe, secure and pleasant environment for all our guests at Universal Beijing Resort, the following are strictly prohibited:
- Ticket scalping, picketing, petitioning, or soliciting.
- Selling, leasing, exchanging, distributing or displaying goods or services, including but not limited to tour services or photography services of any kind, products or services offered by the Resort or any other type of miscellaneous items unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
- Distributing or displaying printed materials, propaganda materials (e.g., business cards, leaflets advertising merchandise or services, etc.), recorded materials, flags, banners or signs of any kind unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
- Rallies, themed events, performance, speeches or action arts unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
- Any conduct or behavior that is illegal, unsafe, disorderly, disruptive, or offensive to fellow guests or our Team Members, or which may endanger others. Such conduct includes:
- Engaging in fighting or threatening behavior
- Bumping into and pushing others in the queue
- Using profanity or obscenities, or gesturing in an obscene or threatening manner
- Lingering in and blocking storefronts, sidewalks, entrances, exits or elevators
- Walking in groups in such a way as to inconvenience others
- Stepping on the grass or entering landscaped areas
- Running, jogging or climbing
- Using noise makers (such as radios, horns, whistles, large megaphones, artificial noise makers or other devices that cause excessive noise)
- Entering the water of Universal Beijing Resort Waterway, swimming, fishing, picnicking, camping and cooking/barbequing
- Failing to be properly and fully clothed or wearing inappropriate or indecent attire, with printed offensive language, cult related symbols, or wearing religious offensive clothes, long trains, or attire that could detract from the experience of other guests.
- Wearing costumes (including wearing facial painting, prosthetic makeup, themed props or accessories), wearing masks, veils or other items that hide the entirety of the face or more than half of the face, with the exception of the products or services offered by the Resort, the face coverings/masks worn for medical or health reasons, and otherwise agreed by us in writing.
- Wearing clothes that may mislead guests into thinking you are a Team Member of the Resort.
- Smoking or the usage of e-cigarettes outside the designated smoking areas.
- Photography, videotaping, audio recording, or live streaming of any kind except for personal and non-commercial purposes.
- Littering or discarding any trash or personal belonging, except in designated trash receptacles.
- Engaging in the following activities with carriers:
- Pulling or towing vehicles or other carriers
- Using carriers or wagons solely for the purpose of personal item transportation
- The commission of any act defined by any applicable laws as a prohibited activity.
- The Resort reserves the right to deny admission of any guest who it deems is wearing inappropriate clothing. Guests wearing inappropriate clothing will be asked to remove such clothing and change into something more suitable or exit the Resort.
- We may take photographs, video recording, or audio recording in the Resort. By entering the Resort, you agree to be photographed, filmed, and recorded and you also approve our use of images and/or recording of your portrait and/or voice for our business, administration, operation purposes or other directly related purposes, for the purpose of satisfying legal, safety, or security requirements, or other legal purposes.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide products or services to, or deny entry to the Resort, or immediately expel individuals who are in violation of these Rules and Regulations from the Resort, or the terms and conditions for our products, or relevant laws, regulations, and policies, to ensure the safety or order of the Resort, or due to other necessary conditions as we see fit.
- In consideration of extreme or severe weather or air quality that may impact our operations (e.g. snow, rain, hail, lightning, sandstorm, air pollution, etc.), park capacity, health and safety, special events, and other necessary circumstances, we may, from time to time:
- Change the opening hours of the Park or any attraction in the Park
- Temporarily close the Resort or any area of the Resort
- Control the number of guests in the Park, or
- Suspend, adjust, reschedule, relocate, or cancel any attraction, entertainment, show, venue, or menu
For the purposes of these rules, “we”, “our” and/or “us” means either or both of “Beijing International Resort Co., Ltd.” and/or "Beijing International Resort Co., Ltd. Theme Park and Resort Management Branch".
Unless otherwise prescribed by PRC laws, all claims against the Resort shall be submitted to the court with jurisdiction at the Resort's domicile and be governed by PRC laws without regard to conflicts of laws.
If you have any questions or encounter an emergency, please consult an onsite Team Member, or dial the Guest Services Hotline via 4008-778899.
These Rules and Regulations are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
* Resort uses photo validation technology to verify Park ticket products, please visit Guest Services to opt out.